We often get this question from our customers:
What is a guest post?
How is it different from a regular blog post?
A guest post is an article written and published on someone else’s blog. If you write something on your own blog, it’s just a “post,” but on someone else’s blog, the author is a “guest.”
Guest posts are valuable tools for reputation marketing and management for a variety of reasons, such as getting your brand mentioned or appearing in search results.
Guidelines for writing guest posts
- Guest posts need to be well written. Search engines are getting pickier, and so are people
- Posts need to fit the topic
- People have to want to read them to get the most value out of them. You don’t want people to read your post and then click back to the search results because the post is irrelevant
- People should want to share your posts on social media. Sharing increases readership. In reputation marketing, sharing on social media helps spread the word.
- What to do before submitting a Guest Post? Throwing yourself into guest blogging is not an effective method, it is better to proceed step by step in order to guarantee the success of each guest article you propose. First step, learn what to know and what to do before submitting the guest article. 1) Define your objectives The first thing to do before writing guest articles is to determine the objectives you want to achieve. Indeed, guest blogging allows you to improve : Short-term traffic: Increase the number of visitors to your website; Natural referencing: Gain in SERP ranking thanks to backlinks; The level of expertise in your…
- Why write a Guest Post? Did you know that 60% of bloggers write articles for other blogs? In other words, they are adding to the content of other blogs at the expense of their own site. There's no doubt that this practice is counter-intuitive, but if so many bloggers are doing it, don't you think it's a practice that deserves to be investigated? Of course it is! In fact, it's an approach known as "guest blogging", the principle of which is to publish guest articles on other influential blogs in order to get traffic from them, among other things. Although it is completely free, guest…
- What is a Guest Post and what is it for? The principle of guest blogging consists of writing an article that you will publish on a site that does not belong to you. In general, this will be a site that is thematically related to the product/service you offer. If, for example, you sell climbing equipment, you will be looking to publish on a blog related to climbing, hiking, sports, nature, etc. Guest blogging is an essential technique in web marketing - and more specifically in content marketing. Advantages of creating a guest post for which you write The main advantage is that this editor will advertise the blog he…